Date: 1979
Description: The 'Ksan Performance group re-enacting the story of the warrior chief Nehl'xt or 'Nekt at 'Ksan Historical Village. The story takes place at 'Battle Hill© near Gitwangak village. 'Nekt was an aggressive warrior and led many successful raids against neighbouring tribes. He is remembered and celebrated by the Gitxsan people as a powerful and great leader.
Date: 1968
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Scenic view of Haida Gwaii from near Kaisun. Kaisun is a village on the west coast of Moresby Island. It is located at the east end of Inskip Channel, due south of Cha'atl village, with which it has close ties.
Date: 1900 to 1915
Name(s): Burton, F.
Description: Histoic Kitselas
Date: 1980 to 1985
Description: Main glyph on Ringbolt Island.
Date: 1980 to 1985
Description: Main glyph at Ringbolt Island and whirlpools in the Kitselas Canyon.
Date: 1980 to 1985
Description: Ringbolt Island
Date: 2008
Name(s): MacDonald, George F.
Description: Ringbolt Island is th location of five seperate petroglyphs. It is most likely that the petroglyphs in the Kitselas Canyon are associated with shamanism. A shaman is a religious specialist and healer whose primary function is to cure people. Shamanic activity was carried out away from village sites and is very closely associated with notioins of transformation.
Date: 1980 to 1985
Description: KItselas Canyon
Date: 2008
Name(s): MacDonald, George F.
Description: Whirlpools and eddies from the viewing station along the Kitselas Canyon walking tour.
Date: 1966
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Full View of totems at Klawock Totem Park. The original totem poles were carved many years ago at a site on nearby Tuxekan Island where a large Tlingit settlement once existed. Later, around the 1930s, copies of those totems were re-carved by unemployed master boat builders in Klawock through the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), a public work relief program.
Date: 1966
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: The original totem poles were carved many years ago at a site on nearby Tuxekan Island where a large Tlingit settlement once existed. Later, around the 1930s, copies of those totems were re-carved by unemployed master boat builders in Klawock through the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), a public work relief program.
Date: 1968
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: The Whole Being Pole. Whole Being belonged to House number five on the Gitladzawk Map (see Gitlaxdzawk_051).
Date: 1994
Name(s): Herem, Barry
Description: Profile of worm bing pushed into the chest of Woodworm post. Whale house, Ganaxtedi clan.
Date: 1967
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Welcome or potlatch figure on the shore. This figure has a tree grwoing form the top giving the appearance of hair.
Date: 1980 to 1985
Description: Dave Walker putting water on petroglyphs in order to see them better