Date: 1967
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Welcome pole on the flats that Disappeared, or was stolen, in the late 1960's. There used to be two poles at the mouth of the river. One with its hands out and this one with its hands up. Every pole that is erected is supposed to face the water- the other pole was on the opposite side of the river (information provided by Gwa'yi community).
Date: 1967
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Welcome pole on the flats that Disappeared, or was stolen, in the late 1960's. There used to be two poles at the mouth of the river. One with its hands out and this one with its hands up. Every pole that is erected is supposed to face the water- the other pole was on the opposite side of the river (information provided by Gwa'yi community).
Date: 1968
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Welcome pole on the flats that Disappeared, or was stolen, in the late 1960's. There used to be two poles at the mouth of the river. One with its hands out and this one with its hands up. Every pole that is erected is supposed to face the water- the other pole was on the opposite side of the river (information provided by Gwa'yi community).
Date: 1967
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Welcome pole on the flats Disappeared (stolen) in the late 1960's. There used to be two poles at the mouth of the river. One with its hands out and this one with its hands up. Every pole that is erected is supposed to face the water- the other pole was on the opposite side of the river (information provided by Gwa'yi community).
Date: 1909
Name(s): Smith, Harlan Ingersoll, 1872-1939
Description: Welcome figures and totem pole.
Date: 1994
Name(s): Herem, Barry
Description: Procession of Klukwan community and clan members returning Whale house posts to Whale house.
Date: 1879 to 1881
Description: Church band welcoming Superintendent of Indian Affairs, Israel Wood Powell in either 1879 or 1881.
Date: 1972
Description: Re-enactment of the First Salmon Ceremony performed by the 'Ksan Performing Arts Group. The re-enactment is based on the narrative recorded by Franz Boas for the Gitselesu of Kitselas Canyon.
Date: 1913
Name(s): Newcombe, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1851-1924
Description: Kiusta after 30 years of abandonment. The single pole at left is the frontal pole of the Pointing Hands with Outstretched Fingers in Anger House. The short post is a plain mortuary post that originally featured the figure of an animal with four potlatch cylinders above it. The tall pole directly behind the mortuary is a memorial pole featuring a raven on top of a tall, slab-like killer whale dorsal with the killer whale below it.
Date: 1878
Name(s): Dawson, George Mercer, 1849-1901
Description: Left to right: #1 Whale House, unfinished and unnamed house (House #2 - pole only), #3 Shaking House, Mortuary 4X and House #4.
Description: Dug up by George F. MacDonald at Boardwalk site in a warrior cache, Prince Rupert Harbour. Roughly 1600 years old.
Description: carved whale bone dagger.
Description: Northwest Coast club, possibly representing the sea grizzly. The striking end of the club represents a dorsal fin and the face appears to be that of a bear.
Date: 1900 to 1910
Description: House with painted whale house front and eagle nest pole.
Date: 1966
Name(s): De Menil, Adelaide
Description: Whale or sea creature petroglyph design