Date
1900 to 1905
Description
Unidentified man with Pole of the Whale. Pole of the Whale was carved for Chief Hieek of the Eagle tribe. This pole stood 40 ft tall when it was erected ca. 1860. This pole was cut down in 1918 along with many other poles in the village during the religious revival of 1918. The Whole Being Pole, carved for Chief Gook, is in the background. (Info. from: http://gingolx.ca/nisgaaculture/ancient_villages/villages.html)
Physical location
Canadian Museum of History 71-8402, Rpyal British Columbia Museum E602a V111/72
Subject (Geographic)
Keywords
Genre
Photographs
Type of resource
Still Image
Identifier
Gitlaxdamsk0026-Version2
Copyright & Terms of use
Copyright
Copyright has expired in Canada.
Terms of use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material in Canada.